Saturday, January 30, 2010

Costello's in JP

When he discovered me hanging off the couch doing impressions of Robin Williams in "My Favorite Martian" (Nanu! Nanu!), the German decided it was time to get me out of the house. So, off we went to Jamaica Plain, more affectionately known as JP, to pick up a good buddy and play some darts.

We played said darts at a wonderful local pub called Costello's on Centre St. This is a very cozy, very friendly sports bar. The food is great, and so is the waitstaff.

The bathroom, however, was anything but cozy. In fact, it was downright freezing. Everything about it suggests back-up meat locker. The room was cold, the water was cold, and the air from the hand dryer nearly gave me frostbite.

I literally froze my little tushie.

I can't really say it's cleanliness made up for the Arctic temperatures. In fact, everything about this bathroom suggested "Do your thing and get out as quickly as you can. We don't want you here."

My pal assured me that the ice men's room cometh, as well.

So, while the beer, the company, and the Hawiian pizza hit just the right spot, the bathroom left much to be desired. I thank my lucky stars I only had two beers, and I give this bathroom only two rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment